Decorating your home can be one of the most exciting aspects of your real estate purchase. This is your opportunity to really make your space your own, putting in some beautiful pieces that will speak to your personal tastes.
Of course, home décor can be very costly, especially if you desire to hire an interior decorator. However, you may find that hiring a decorator is completely unnecessary if you have some of the tools to make an informed decision about how to make a beautiful home.
- Check out some design magazines and programs on television for insight on how to decorate your home. DON’T always focus on the price point! If you have a general idea of what you might like, you will often be able to find it at a more reasonable price point.
- Keep it simple, then build your way up. Start with the smaller, more essential pieces and then work your way to the more extravagant items.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for advice. Even if they didn’t go to school for home décor, your Sales Representative may know some tricks to making your house a home!
- Make a budget and stick with it. Figure out how much you are willing (or able) to spend on decorating and commit to staying within that limit.
- Try not to do anything with the home that will interfere with resale. For example, if you use wallpaper that is exotic and particularly difficult to strip off, prospective future buyers may find it too challenging to work with and may reconsider buying.
If you want to hold onto your home for life, these changes are fine, but always consider the possibility of resale.
Don’t be afraid to give your space your all! You can be sure that personalizing your home can be a lot of fun, without breaking the bank.